Special Support Centre
Welcome to Dolphin Class
I would like to welcome everyone to Dolphin Class and the new school year, especially the new Reception children and their families. I hope the children will settle and get used to their new routine.
Some helpful information about the provision in Dolphin Class:
- All children will be taking part in the Read Write Inc phonics programme. They will be grouped according to their readiness to know and blend letter sounds, decode and read words. As the term progresses your child may change groups, but I will always inform you if this is going to happen.
- Some children stay in Dolphin Class for maths and literacy and others may join their mainstream class for maths or literacy when they are confident and ready to do so.
- All children spend the afternoons in their mainstream class.
- All Dolphin Class children do PE with their mainstream class so please see their particular class for information for days and times.
- Please make sure that your child has their book bag and reading diary in school with them every day.
- We have toast for children who arrive early. We ask for a contribution of £1.50 per half term. The SSC children are a hungry lot and definitely Marmite lovers.
- Dolphin Class is the last classroom at the end of the corridor. You can tell us by the laughter and yummy cooking smells that drift down the corridor.
Here are all the names of the staff who teach and support your children through their time in Dolphin Class.
- Teacher in charge: Mrs Eileen Opi
Learning support Assistants
- Mrs Nicky Coleman - Reception
- Mrs Jane Hattersley : Year 1
- Mrs Carol Mitchell: Year 2
Speech and Language Therapists
- Mrs Elizabeth Malcom
- She will be in Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday each week.
If you ever have any questions or concerns then come and see me at the end of the day, phone me or write a note in the Home – School Communication Book.