Welcome to Year 2
There are 3 classes and you will find us in the huts.
- Miss Cook is the teacher in Crocodile class (room 10).
- Miss Weeks is the teacher in Fox class (room 11).
- Mr Billington is the teacher in Shark class (room 12).
There are also other members of staff in Year 2 who support the children every day in their learning. These include Mrs Lewry, Mrs Hilton, and Mrs Ward.
In Year 2 we have a creative curriculum and our learning is taught through exciting topics.
- In the autumn term our topic is ‘Follow Me!’ where we will be investigating changes in plants and humans as they grow.
- After Christmas we will have an exciting new topic learning about dinosaurs.
- ‘Secrets of the Sea’ is our summer topic where we explore the local geography and history of Worthing as a seaside resort. Then we finally get to meet some pirates!
Whilst the learning is carefully planned, we value the children’s interests and encourage them to develop the themes through independent learning challenges. For more information on the autumn, spring and summer topics please click on the link below to see our current learning journey.
We value and appreciate the great support that you give your children at home such as; daily reads, core word practise and homework. It is lovely to see so many children entered into the reading raffle every week.
On a practical note, please can the children bring their book bag into school every day with their reading diary. Can we also ask that you have an indoor and an outdoor PE kit in school every day.
Please note that PE will be on the following days:
Crocodile– Tuesday and Thursday
Fox- Thursday and Friday
Shark- Monday and Friday